Firstly this is honestly the most amazing thing you will ever have in your mouth! Guaranteed! It is just a flavour bomb of explosion after explosion! But if all the elements overwhelm you, just leave out the berry compote and custard and just opt for layers of fruit and whipped coconut cream. But in all seriousness you are going to need this recipe in your life for life as it will become your new Christmas staple year after year! And don't just save this bad boy for Christmas, you can whip him up any time you need an easy desert.
You will need:
- 1 x Soulfull Tribe Brownie Mix
- ¾ cup of Mylk
- ¾ cup of coconut oil (or sub for apple puree for an oil free version!)
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 2.5 cups coconut mylk
- 2-4 tbs coconut sugar
- Pinch of turmeric powder to make the custard yellow
Coconut whipped cream:
- 2 x 400ml cans of coconut cream chilled in the fridge overnight
- 50g of icing sugar (we used xylitol icing sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups of raspberries
- 100ml of water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 mango
- 1 passionfruit or a small tin of pulp
- 2 punnets blueberries
- 1 punnet raspberries
- Make the Soulfull Tribe Brownie mix as per the directions. I subbed the coconut oil for pureed apple for an oil free version and it was delicious! You can also use any nut milk but always opt for one without nasty preservatives. Allow to cool once cooked.
- Cut into small chunks.
- Mix the cornflour, 1 cup of the coconut mylk, sugar and turmeric in a mug and stir well.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, bring the rest of the milk to a boil and then reduce to low heat. Slowly pour in the cornflour mixture and whisk constantly until the custard thickens.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often until the berries have completely broken down.
- Remove the liquid from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then blend with a stick blender.
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Open the cans of coconut cream and scoop off the thick cream from the top into a bowl.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk on a high speed until the mixture comes together, being careful not to over-whip.
- Once all of the above components have cooled you can begin to assemble your masterpiece! We used one large glass bowl but you can use whatever dish/cups you like. Start layering with the brownie, then pour over half the berry compote, some blueberries and raspberries (we saved the mango and passionfruit for the top) then all of the custard. Repeat with a layer of the remaining brownie, berry compote and then the coconut cream. Finally assemble your desired fruit on top.