What screams winter dessert more than hot apple crumble?! Well we have spiced this old school favourite up. Kind of by accident because I had prunes to use up. And I've got to say the addition of prunes and sultanas was a total crowd pleaser! Give this bad boy a go and let us know what you think!
You will need:
- 6 Apples
- 1/2 cup Prunes
- 1/3 cup Sultanas
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 5 drops of orange oil (or grated rind)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ginger
For the Topping
- 1 x Soulfull Tribe Jam Drop Mix
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
Hot Caramel Sauce
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 150g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste of vanilla essence
- Peel and chop your apples into bite size chunks. Add to saucepan with the water, maple syrup and spices. Bring to the boil and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes. For the last 10 minutes add your prunes and sultanas and simmer until tender.
- While the fruit is stewing, prepare your crumble topping. Add the dry contents from the Jam Drops, along with the oats, coconut, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup from the Jam Drop packet. Add the additional coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan forced and prepare your oven proof dish by lightly spraying with oil. Add the stewed fruit to the bottom and crumble the topping over the top. You may not use all of the topping so you can use the leftover to make delicious cookies, or simply roll into balls with your favourite protein powder and keep in the fridge.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the caramel sauce, add all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir frequently for approximately 15-20 minutes until sauce is dark in colour. Remove from the heat. Sauce will think upon cooling.
- Spoon the warm crumble into bowls and enjoy with your favourite ice cream and a good drizzle of our hot caramel sauce. You won't regret it!