Happy baking <3
You will need:
- 1 x Soulfull Tribe Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ¾ cup of plant Mylk
For the Salted Caramel:
1 x 400ml can coconut milk
150g coconut sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla essence
1-2 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 160° fan forced.
- Line a slice pan with baking paper.
- Prepare brownie according to pack. Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin.
- Meanwhile to make the caramel sauce, add all ingredients (except for salt) into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir frequently for approximately 15 – 20 minutes until sauce is dark in colour. Remove from heat and stir in the Himalayan salt to taste. Allow to cool for sauce to thicken.
- Once cooled, add dollups of the caramel mixture to the brownie and use the back of a knife to swirl through the mix. There may be some sauce left over which you can save to pour over the top when the brownie is cooked or store in the fridge for up to a week for liquid gold goodness.
- Pop the brownie mixture into the oven for approximately 40 – 55 minutes. Note cooking times depend on oven and varies as the mixture is a lot more runnier than the standard mix. Keep checking on it after about 40 mins.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool slightly.
You can eat it as it is or prepare our second salted caramel dipping sauce below and pour over the top! Sooo naughty but made completely from whole foods and plants. WINNING!!
Magic Vegan Caramel Sauce for dipping:
Totally optional, but highly recommended!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup (not the fake stuff!)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp sea or Himalayan salt to taste
- Vanilla (optional)
Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together in the microwave for 1 minute. Whisk in the almond butter for about 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Pour over the brownie or drink from the bowl!! SOOO GOOD <3